Title Picture

Title Picture

Monday, October 17, 2011

Worry

Some people wrestle with alcoholism, drugs addictions, and many other things but I have always wrestled with worry. I read 2 devotionals during my daily quiet time, Journey Magazine for women and Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. Today they were both on worry! I think God is trying to tell me something. The scripture was found in Luke 12:22-26 which says that we should not worry about our lives and that it will not add a single hour to our lives.

Jesus Calling talks about how anxiety comes from worrying about the future and not thinking about how God is always with us. I don't have to worry about things because God has it all under control including these seemingly impossible future events.

We tend to think about worst-case scenarios and most of the time, these thoughts we have never become reality.I'm so glad God reminded today not to worry but to trust Him with all things including my life, my husband and children, family, finances and our needs.

I love Ephesians 3:20-21 which says: Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine  according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus  throughout all generations, forever and ever Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment