Title Picture

Title Picture

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

15 Months Old


Abigail Grace, I can't believe you're already 15 months old. The time has just flown by.We went to your check-up on Monday and you weigh 24 lbs. and are 30 1/2 inches tall putting you between the 50th-75th percentile in both areas. You are a great eater and will eat just about anything we put in front of you. You make a happy plate before most of us even start eating! You are still a great sleeper, sleeping about 12 hours at night. The whole nap routine is under major changing and we're still trying to figure that out. Right now, you nap about an hour in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. You still have to have your paci when you sleep and to calm you down. We are slowly thinking about taking it away in the next few weeks which scares us b/c that paci is our saving grace at times!

You are full of energy and do anything you see your big brother doing, good and bad! We have come to the realization that you have a strong-willed temperament (Daddy and Nana say you get it from me). You and I have battles when your diaper needs to be changed, getting dressed and getting in your car seat. You don not like riding in the car. You're good for the first few minuted but then start crying which almost always turns in to screaming. Nana said I used to be the same way in the car.

You are as sweet as you can be but when you don't get your way, you definitely throw a fit and have even started saying "no" and swat your hand at me. I have been putting you in small time outs in the pack-n-play or just sitting you in your crib until you calm down.

At church, the nursery workers say that you're so sweet and friendly. At the doctor's office, the staff said you were the friendliest baby they had seen all day.You are already very smart and know what it means to go bye-bye, eat and take a bath. The other day, I had my bedroom door shut trying to put make-up on without your little hands getting in everything. Daddy said you went to the bathroom and got your stool, carried it and set it outside my door and then stood on it and tried to turn the door handle.

You have a mouth full of teeth and your hair is slowly coming in, still not long enough to put bows in. You're still wearing 12 months pants and tops and I must say you're a petite little thing.  Your favorite things to do right now are to play in Bubba's room, play blocks, rock with Daddy, sing and you love to dance to the music in the car. I have tried to start letting you walk when we're out and you like this except you don't want to hold my hand. When I reach for your hand you pull it away and then sit down. This tends to stress Mommy out a bit b/c people will pass by and say "do you need some help?". I usually just smile and let then know you are my strong-willed child!

I have been reading James Dobson's Strong -Willed Child book which has been very enlightening and has helped me realize you were born this way and there's no need to change you! I can definitely see that we're going to bump heads later on. I guess it's payback for how I behaved with your Nana!

We sure do love you and thank God for you each day! It really is so fun watching you grow and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment