Title Picture

Title Picture

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hunger

The news has been reporting about hunger in America and how 1 in 4 children don't know when their next meal will be and are hungry. Arkansas is among the highest in the nation for children and hunger insecurity.This just breaks my heart. I feel God has really been speaking to me about this issue because lately, 2 of the Bible studies I've been reading have covered this topic.

I look at Gabe and Abigail and see how blessed they are but at the same time, this could easily be them if circumstances changed or were different.Our family sponsors a 4 year old boy named Joseph through Food for the Hungry and I am grateful we have the resources to help.

Right now, I am asking the Lord who we can help and where we can help right here in the city we live in. Johnathan and I have both talked about taking Gabe to a soup kitchen and helping other families in need.

Would you pray with me and see where God leads us in fighting hunger?

No comments:

Post a Comment