Title Picture

Title Picture

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Typical Day: Revised

We are adapting to a new sort of normal around here. Thought I would give you a glimpse into our days.

My children are early risers, so our day starts between 6:30 and 7am. Gabe usually comes in our room and gest in bed with me for a few minutes. Then, when Abby wakes up, we go get her and make our way to the living room where we watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Then its breakfast time which consisted of a pop tart and milk for Gabe, cheerios, applesauce and a bottle for Abby and a bagel with cream cheese for me.

After we ate, we had some playtime then Gabe and I got dressed and ready for the day while Abby went down for her morning nap.  During her naptime, I got my grocery list and coupons ready for our trip to Walmart. I usually do my shopping at Kroger, but now we are a Walmart family and I can't find a Kroger around here which I am sad about in many ways. Johnathan's motto is if we shop at Walmart it will help our stocks go up, who knows.

When Abby woke from her nap, we headed to Walmart and Gabe got a much needed haircut. I got some ingredients for the taco salad we're having for dinner tonight and then we haeded home. I often dread going grocery shopping now with 2 kids b/c it's difficult and I can't concentrate like I want to. Abby doesn't really like sitting in the cart so we have to find ways to keep her occupied like giving her a sponge or something to hold on to.

We headed back home, ate lunch (leftover spagetti) and then got our suits and sunscreen on to head to the pool. We stayed at the pool for about an hour. It is a really nice day today with a high of 89 and blue skies.We had fun except for the part when Gabe was going down the slide and was trying to get to the ladder when another kid slid into the water and plowed right into Gabe pulling Gabe under. He cried and I yelled at the kid and then we both got over it.

Then, we headed home and I put the kids in bed for their nap time. This is also a hard thing to do at times but I thank Jesus when I can get them both to take naps at the same time. This is the time for me to do my quiet time, check emails and also clean or get dinner started.

So, nothing too thrilling, we just try to stay on a good schedule, stay busy and get out of the house each day even if its just for a walk around the block. The church we visited Sunday has a program similar to FBC weecare and they had slots available for Gabe and Abby, praise God.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment