Title Picture

Title Picture

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Busy, Busy...

The month of June has been pretty busy for the Tate household. Last week, the kids and I were in Cabot for VBS at our home church. It was  nice seeing everyone and Gabe learned so much about what it means to be a Christian and loving Jesus. He came home everyday and told me new things he learned such as gratitude, grace and forgiveness. We had some nice lunch dates with friends and I even got to go and get my hair and nails done thanks to my mom and my good friend Kami.

This past weekend Johnathan and I celebreated our 6th wedding anniversary. He had originally planned for us to go out for dinner, but Abby was running a fever so we stayed in. Johnathan cooked a nice meal, tortelleni and mushrooms, a favorite dish of ours from Zaffino's in Sherwood. He also picked up some Bang Bang shrimp and bread from Bone Fish.Ii was really nice because we just sat and took our time eating, didn't have to get all dressed up or rush around getting the kids.

I can't believe we have been married 6 years already, it has just flown by. Johnathan and I have very different personalities but we share simlar interests. He is very extroverted and outgoing and I am more introverted and quiet but for some reason we fit together pretty well! I think the one thing that has kept us together with a secure marriage is our faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. We always try to put Him first and things work some much better. Yes, there are days when I want to ring Johnathan's neck, but we both have commited our lives to each other.I thnk the other important thing in our marriage  is communication. We talk about everything from our thoughts and feelings to our finances and how to raise our kids. The 2 biggest areas I think we fight about are intimacy and money. We have learned that we must keep each other's needs a priority above everything else. We also sit together when we get paid and right down everthing together and look at where our money will go. But selfishness does tend to get  in between us at times and we have found this leads to arguments as well. I have seen that our kids pick up on everything and their stability and security is at stake if we're not careful.

We headed back to Cross Church on Sunday and we are really enjoying the church and the worship is amazing. I signed Gabe up for their Kids Day Out program starting in the fall. I think it will be good for Gabe and me! We took our dog to the vet today and then came back home and played. I also tried to get some much needed cleaning in as well.

This weekend , we will be celebrating Abigail's 1st birthday. I can't believe she is almost one already.That topic will have to be a whole new post!

No comments:

Post a Comment